Macbook Pro, now or wait for summer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by L0u1s, Mar 21, 2009.

  1. L0u1s macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2009
    #1
    Hi all,

    I've been a windows user all my life since windows 95.
    I bought a laptop 1 and a half year ago and it's starting to die. Screen flickering and lots of other stuff.
    My roommate just bought the new Alu Macbook Pro 15" and I fell in love :p

    But I have a dilemma. Buy one now, or wait for June and hope for an upgrade.
    I guess my current laptop can make it to the summer...

    Opinions ? :D
     
  2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

    Roy Hobbs

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2005
    #2
    try searching there are at least 10 threads just like this
     
  3. aaquib macrumors 65816

    aaquib

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #3
    Wait till July and you could get a faster machine + Snow Leopard.
     
  4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

    Mr_Brightside_@

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2005
    Location:
    The 6ix
    #4
    If you need it now, buy it now. (Your current laptop sounds a bit sketchy.)
    If you can wait, wait.
     
  5. gan6660 macrumors 65816

    gan6660

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
  6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #6
    Fixed.
     
  7. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #7
    Intel will update some mobile CPUs next month or so, we may see a MacBook Pro update soon afterwards.

    If not, then it's early 2010 with Arrandale.
     
  8. Beerfloat macrumors regular

    Beerfloat

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2009

Share This Page