Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netb0y

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
MacBook Pro now ships in 2-3 weeks from Apple Store. Hopefully we'll see some other online retailers start shipping in volume soon.

jungsuh

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2006
but my expected delivery date has not changed since...

I was hoping that my previous order placed on 2/23 for MBP 2.0 will arrive sooner than Mar 23 to 30 est. ship date but....this date hasn't shifted with the change in delivery schedule! :(

slazareth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
I ordered on the 24th of Feb and mine still says 24th of March for ship and 31st for eta.

netb0y

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
I ordered Jan 31 from Amazon and have an April 7 ship date :(

upsincefour

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
California
same here..

you would think faster delivery rates for those just now placing their orders would mean an increase in supply and some faster shipments for us. no dice on that front.. mine is still slated for the twentieth.

I just bought my new firewire audio interface today, a new professional recording set up and no computer to plug it all into! o well, the long wait is almost over. cant wait to be up on stage with that backlit keyboard..:eek:

jwpoof

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
Apple's not going to move your dates up, even though they probably will ship ahead of schedule. Apple pushes dates back, not up. I'd strongly expect your computers to arrive well ahead of schedule.

I had ship 3/8, deliver 3/13.

In reality, mine shipped 2/27 and arrived 3/1.

jungsuh

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2006
That's promising

jwpoof said:
Apple's not going to move your dates up, even though they probably will ship ahead of schedule. Apple pushes dates back, not up. I'd strongly expect your computers to arrive well ahead of schedule.

I had ship 3/8, deliver 3/13.

In reality, mine shipped 2/27 and arrived 3/1.

That sounds very hopeful. Maybe, I'll get mine sooner:)

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
High-tech firms usually have a very good contingency plan if demand are higher than expected. However quality assurance and other departments (ie. shipping/qa/etc) also needs to be overhauled to prevent returns/recalls/etc due to costs.

Hehehehe, if they skipped out on some of those checks, u might get a DOA, we wouldn't want those :) But it seems like Apple has been quick to address the excess demands for the MBP. Most ppl should be receiving theirs quickly within these 2 weeks.

upsincefour

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
California
hmm

so if my macbook pro does ship before its scheduled date, i wont know it until i get a shipping confirmation right? is there any other way to check?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.