macbook pro now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ppmov46, Oct 9, 2008.

1. ppmov46 macrumors newbie

hello everyone!
    is buying a macbook pro now retarted?
    i kinda trust this model cause it's the last revision and least buggy.
    what do you guys think, I should do - I can't stand refurbished computers so if the new one comes out and its worse than the current model, I won't be able to get the refurbished.
    what do you recommend

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'd wait for the update given the history of the nVidia GeForce 8600M GT.

3. akm3 macrumors 68020

At the very least, wait to see what is offered and if the price points change. Then if you still like the old one and it meets your needs, pick up a refurb for probably reduced prices.

4. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

You can buy now, but dont open it. When the new one comes out, read some reviews and then decide which one you like. This way you have the option of returning the old one without taking a hit.

5. jlevi macrumors member

Just wait, the hope is that they'll have the new ones in the store on the 14th, and if you don't like it, go to Best Buy or Newegg or something, they will be clearing out their old inventory if I'm not mistaken

6. G5power macrumors 6502

I think that you are safe to wait until the announcement to see what is introduced.

Generally on previous updates you can still find the previous model for a short time. Either through the Apple store or for even longer through retail stores and college bookstores.

7. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Wait.

You are likely to get the "old" or today's model for $500 off once the new notebooks are released next week. So, would be fairly unwise to spend an extra $500 to get an outdated model. Why not get the $500+ off the outdated model.

Good luck.

8. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13