Macbook Pro Nvidia card problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macMonte, Jan 30, 2009.

1. macMonte macrumors newbie

I had every intention this week of purchasing the 15 inch MBP with the 2.53 processor and 9600m card.

Given what people are saying about the inherent problems with this revision, is this a wise decision? What exactly are the biggest problems the new MBP's are having because of the graphics card? Did the graphics update resolve all the issues with the Nvidia 9600m? Should I stay away from this crop of MBP's and wait for the next revision?

Thanks to anyone who can shine some light on this for me.

2. kidtronix macrumors regular

I'm in the same place really, I'm about to buy a Macbook Pro next and I am feeling a bit eerie about it due to some of the problems.

3. LaFouinard macrumors newbie

I've had a 2.4 GHz MBP since November, there's been a few hiccups but nothing that hasn't really been patched by this stage.

I don't really play many games in Mac OS but they run beautifully on my XP Pro partition using the 9600. The only thing I've found is Warcraft can crash when you fly out of Dalaran, however I think this is a Warcraft bug since it doesn't happen anywhere else in the game.

Honestly I love my MBP, whilst the glossy screen can be irritating in bright sunlight since I live in Scotland this really isn't much of a problem :)