Macbook Pro (oldversion) Breakdown?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tvledden, Mar 1, 2011.

1. tvledden macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I was working on my macbook and wanted to boot into bootcamp W7 Partition by restarting and holding option on the boot. But when i restarted my machine the white led screen doenst even come up. No loud spinning fans like i read in other posts and no sound, in fact it doenst even hold on long enough to load the disk drive. When i hold the power button it stays on longer but then the white led on the screen button on the front starts flikering and shutsdown nevertheless.

I didnt install new software or hardware, so i have no clue how it happend..
    I tried booting it with Powercable and no battery, on battery only and on both but it doenst make any difference, the machine doesnt even stay on for 3 seconds..

Apple repair time? =/

thanks in advance..

2. tvledden thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, Thanks for responding

Unfortunatly i already did everything on that page.. the problem is it doesnt boot into the big white screen, so i cant call any options to reset stuff.. I think its a shortcut in the circuit =/ going to a repair center tomorrow so i hope they can help me there. Else ill have to buy a new one. this one is already past 3 years now so yea maybe time to replace

3. tvledden thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so i went to the apple service point, the guy instantly told me my logicbord broke down.. 700 euro repair costs in total..

So yeaa i just send in my payment to buy a new MBP model =) the repair costs didnt get me what the price of the new model would so i went for that =)

15" 2.2ghz, 500gb@7200rpm, 4gb ram, and the hi-res antiglare screen. Plus apple care cus i dont want to lose it within the next 3 years =P