Macbook Pro on finance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ysmn lttlr, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ysmn lttlr macrumors newbie

thinking about getting a 15" macbook pro on finance as i don't have the full amount just now and my current macbook 2008 version not pro
    will crash over the littlest of tasks, log me out and close everything
    and it makes really loud noises even when i'm not doing anything on it

if anyone has any suggestions about how to fix it i could save up for the pro
    but if not could anyone suggest any cheap finance options?

2. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Sounds like your disk is about to go.... salvage as much as you can soonest.

Apple is offering 12 months interest free through Barclays Bank. Best Buy I believe offers 18 months interest free.

But really, do your best to not go into debt over a computer. I say to hold off and save up... if that means cutting out other things in the mean time, so be it. Good luck!

:)

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Save up for it... You'll be much better off than financing and risking forgetting payment. It won't take that much longer. Do a clean install of osx on your current computer too.

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Agreed! If you do finance though I would use Apple for the 12month gig because you get iTunes $. This is a last resort again don't bankrupt yourself just to have a better working computer.

5. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

If you can't afford it don't buy it. Other good laptops on the market that are much cheaper.

6. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Just buy a windows laptop? Do you REALLY need a Mac, think about it

7. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

can you get finance on refurb? they are always cheaper

8. ysmn lttlr thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm a photography student so for me personally it's better :)

9. ysmn lttlr thread starter macrumors newbie

i did a clean install thanks for recommending this, just testing to see if it's any quicker seems to be so far

10. MacHamster68, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

never buy laptop on finance unless you get apple care and you insure it really really well against all eventualities , as laptops are mobile devices so there are a lot of possibilities of getting damaged , and some nice insurance companies exclude somewhere in their policies smallprint on page 187 (example) some of these possibilities .... which leaves you then with a damaged laptop you still have to pay for and you need to buy a new one on top

so get your MacBook repaired as there is something wrong , that gives you time to save up as it should well cope with your demand if you max out ram and fit a ssd