Macbook pro Online order inquiry

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itcomic, Oct 21, 2008.

1. itcomic macrumors member

I am new to the Mac world and I think Leopard is better than Vista (I really dislike Vista). I plan to order my first Macbook through online. However, I have read that there are many problems in the existing new gen macbook pro. I want to know if I order a macbook pro online through apple store, and there are some flaws such as screen flicking, dead pixels, faulty battery, etc. Will I able to go to local Apple store , make an appointment with geniues, and exchange for a better notebook (for ex, free of dead pixel) ? Because this is an expensive purchase ($2000+) so I want to make sure the quality is on par with the price.

Thank you

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

All of these issues you read about are one-offs. They are not found in every new MBP. Mine surely has none of the problems you mention. But if you buy from Apple, either online or in store, yes, they will replace your computer with a new one if yours is a lemon, assuming you report the issue within the normal return period. After that time your only option is warranty service, which is pretty quick itself.