macbook pro opened?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shibby327, May 21, 2008.

1. shibby327 macrumors newbie

shibby327

hey guys

i was wondering if macbook pros had any type of seals in its case that would allow apple to find out if the case had previously been open (thus voiding the warranty). i have no problems or anything, just wondering if whether apple would be able to find out if the case was opened.

thinking of trying the icolours mod =)

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

No seals, but if you are inexperienced or not careful, you will leave tell-tale signs that the case has been opened.

3. shibby327 thread starter macrumors newbie

shibby327

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Make sure you either, put all the tape back in it's places or put new tape.

5. PDE macrumors 68020

also be careful with the little screws, they're very easy to leave marks on if you don't use good tools. I don't have any special tools, so I like to put a thin piece of plastic wrapper between the screwdriver and screw so I don't leave traces....and the tape of course. If you replace the hard drive it won't have an apple on it so that's obviously a sign, duh. Otherwise just take it slow and carefully and you should be fine.

6. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

use an ice tray and post it notes to label screws. Do not lose any.

7. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

...and if you get to a point when you think "oh i probably shouldnt be pulling this hard" then go with your instinct and check ifixit to see what's beneath maybe holding your parts together. It only has up to the 2.33 model, but they are all basically the same as far as major parts are concerned.

8. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Just a few words of advice, but when pulling out the hard drive, on the side without the bracket the metal nubs just slip out (I pondered that for a good five minutes).