Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Columbo X

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
UK
I'm looking to get a 15 inch MacBook Pro, and aside from the usual requirements like no yellow screen, stable airport etc., I'm looking to do some OpenGL coding (I do a lot on PC for work and looking to move more over to the Mac).

I haven't got access to a local Apple store, so would it be possible for someone who has the new MBP and the developer tools installed to run OpenGL Driver Monitor let me know which version of OpenGL is actually installed on these machines and specifically I'm looking to see if these extensions are supported...

GL_NV_gpu_program4
GL_NV_geometry_program4
GL_EXT_geometry_shader4

Thanks!

Columbo X

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
UK
Thanks Sbrocket - the important one here is GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 so it looks like OpenGL support is quite up to date on the new machines.

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
Just a little caveat, not sure if it matters. This is with the Mac OS X 10.4.10 and MacBook Pro Update 1.0 updates installed via Software Update. I'm not sure if the OpenGL updates in the second package I mention changed anything as far as extensions go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.