Macbook Pro optical drive problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Indi1, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Indi1 macrumors newbie

I have a MacbookPro. The factory fitted DVD/CD drive plays dvds fine but spits out CDs [even originals].

I have Windows XP installed via bootcamp which doesn't cause me any problems.

Any ideas on why this could be happening.

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Bring it into the Genius bar, have them check it out.
    Good luck!

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

It is telling you to buy a new nano!

Sorry, but that is just a weird problem. Geniuses may know.

4. Indi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Looks like I'll have to visit the genius bar ...

5. livingincrete macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have a similar problem. Some DVDs containing videos are not read under Snow Leopard - they get ejected, whereas the Boot camp Windows OS reads the same discs fine, so there cannot be anything physically wrong with the drive. I am unable to get to an Apple store because I live in Crete Greece. Apple have no official presence here other than third party resellers.

I have to sort this problem out myself via internet research.

I am using a 15 month old Macbook Pro.

Dave

(I know there is a kind of Apple store in Athens on the Greek mainland but it is virtually a one man business and of no practical use for this kind of problem. A genius bar to them is a place where clever people go for a drink under the Acropolis)

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

Mine spit out a few CD's during a major importing session into iTunes. I attributed it to heat because I was doing some graphics stuff at the same time. The same CD's were accepted after things cooled off, and it's never done it again.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Lol my 2007 intel iMac was the same. But it spat out DVDs and took CDs fine. I has to get the drive replaced which cost about 30-50 NZD. :)