Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
I'm having a hard time deciding between the two, so I thought I'd ask the wonderful folks here in the MacRumors forums for some advice.

The two I am looking at are the 2.0 Ghz MacBook Pro and the 2.0 Ghz iMac

Most of the things I do I don't really require the mobility for. However, it would be nice to carry my laptop with me to the library. Almost all of my non word processing/internet activities revolve around Photoshop. As the specs on both are the same, I'm assuming the only difference would be price, and not performance?

Also, I have a 20" Cinema HD display right now, and I wouldn't have a use for it if I had a 20" iMac. I was thinking just selling the 20" display, getting an iMac, and then getting a small micro laptop to take with me to the library for typing/music/internet and what-not.

Has anybody heard if we're getting a 12" laptop from Apple? (as Intel) I have heard a few things about the iBooks being 13" wides.

So after this unnecessarily long post, how does this sound?

Sell the 20" display
Buy Intel iMac 2.0Ghz
Down the road snag a cheap Intel iBook. (Or Tablet....*praying*)

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
I personally believe that a 20" iMac and a iBook/MacBook would be better then just a MacBook Pro. Think about it, you can have a 20" iMac for $1699 and a 12" iBook for $999 so total is $2698 or for $2499 you can have just a MacBook Pro. In the first combo it is like you are getting a Notebook computer for just $199 pretty good eh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.