Macbook Pro or Asus G50V

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by A7X21112, Sep 1, 2008.

1. A7X21112 macrumors member

A7X21112

Ok so im a getting into computer gaming and i want to get a good pc to game on. I have a Imac 24 inch 2.8 intel core 2 duo extreme 2gbs of ram but doesn't have Nvidia or is portable. I play alot of music on my guitar so i would want a macbook pro for the pro tools. I also hate windows but i would want it for gaming. I already own widows vista so i could run bootcamp but i am wondering what to get. i have 2000 dollars. The games i will be mainly playing are mmorpgs and first person shooters. Halo 2, Boishock, Hellgate London, just a few
    should i get a

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26G
    Screen: 15.4" WSXGA+
    Memory Size: 4GB DDR2
    Hard Disk: 200GB
    Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT
    Video Memory: 512MB VRAM DDR3
    Model #: G50V-X1
    $1399

Or

I understand the new macbook pro will be coming out so could you base it of a guess of what you think the new ones will come with.Note i will wait for new ones if i choose macbook pro

:apple:Macbook Pro Running Bootcamp
    15.4 inch Matte
    2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB memory
    Double-layer SuperDrive
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256 MB
    $1999
    i will use the macbook pro for music and pro tools on the go. when i play stages

PLease help me i caught in a bind

2. EB66 macrumors 6502

im not really answering your question but my 8600m gt in my macbook pro will only play rainbow six vegas 2 on the lowest possible settings which makes the graphics look terrible, elder scrolls oblivion looks decent, cod4 is decent, ArmA is decent, all on low settings with little or no AA and none at native resolution

all i am saying is that i have learned gaming with a laptop is not really ideal and you definitely shouldn't base your $2000 decision merely on games because that is not what laptops were designed for

just my 2 cents

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Get a MacBook and build (or buy) a gaming tower.

4. EB66 macrumors 6502

the above is true if you build it yourself and do buy from the right places you can build a gaming tower for super cheap that is basically infinitely upgradable

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Although I love Asus laptops and stuff, but I'd go with the MBP. They're both made by Asus anyways. :D