macbook Pro or .......confused

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marcellux, Aug 29, 2012.

1. marcellux macrumors newbie

marcellux

Hi, I would love it when You share Your thoughts with me. I'm considering A Mac Mini or a MacBook Pro 13inch. The MacBook Pro 13 inch is the easiest to upgrade, On the hardware side the standard mini and the MB are almost the same, I think. Is it possible to connect the MB most of the time to a 24 inch LED monitor? I'm thinking of keeping my music on my NAS; is that possible with iTunes? Please, share whatever You want to share because I'm still troubled on what is the best Mac for me :confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

A MacBook Pro is a notebook computer, designed for portability. A Mac mini is a desktop computer, and while compact, isn't well suited to mobile computing. Is portability important to you? Yes, the MBP can be connected to an external display whenever you need to.

To help in your decision, you can use these to compare the specifications of any Macs you choose:

Yes, it's possible to keep iTunes music on an internal drive, external drive(s), a NAS, or a combination of those.

3. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

I would wait a little while for the 13" Macbook Pro Retina.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no need to wait for a model that may or may not be released, especially if the OP intends to use an external display most of the time.

5. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Actually, it is guaranteed to be released as component suppliers are already making them.

And yes, it does matter because the current 13 MBP's run integrated graphics while a 13" Retina Macbook Pro will likely have a dedicated graphics capability to better drive Retina.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That is all speculation and rumor. None of it is guaranteed until Apple releases a model. Also the current 13" MBP can drive an external display up to 2560 x 1600, which is more than enough for a 24" display. Too many seem to think that no matter what the question is, the answer is "retina". It's simply not true and not the best solution for everyone.

7. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

So true.

The other responders also seem to have glassed over this sentence in the original post:
    That right there, if the 13" Retina is anything like the 15", should exclude a retina version right away.

8. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Not really, Apple controlled leaks are exactly that. There is no speculation or rumor. It will happen. Just like every single control product detail release Apple allowed for in the last 5 years of Apple products.

And yes, we are getting a 7" iPad. In case you were wondering...

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're not Apple controlled leaks. They are speculation. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. Tell your theory to those who expected a new Mac Pro or iMac update long before now.

And none of that has anything to do with the OP's post. A non-upgradable 13" retina that doesn't exist was not one of the choices the OP is considering.