MacBook Pro or iMac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theronen, Jun 2, 2014.

  1. Theronen macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2013
    #1
    I have an interesting dilemma. I have recently come into a large sum of money. As a result, I'm going to purchase a fully loaded 13" MacBook Pro and a fully loaded 27" iMac. Naturally, I was going to wait for both product lines to be updated before making the purchase. But seeing as the new iMac was not announced at WWDC, I'm thinking of buying a computer now and waiting for the update for the other. I want to know your opinions on the matter. Is it worth buying an iMac now and the MacBook Pro later or the MacBook Pro now and the iMac later?
     
  2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2004
    #2
    Why not a 13" mbp with an external screen, keyboard, and mouse? Seems more efficient to me.
     
  3. MCAsan macrumors 601

    MCAsan

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Location:
    Atlanta
    #3
    I will be willing to bet that in the fall or early spring we will see a Retina iMac with newer CPUs, DDR4 memory...etc. We will also be seeing new MacBooks with new CPUs

    So if I had the money now, I would order a 6 core Mac Pro with a 4k monitor. I would hold off on any Macbook until the fall hardware story is revealed.
     
  4. raptor402 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    #4
    We won't see DDR4 memory on mainstream processors until Skylark, which can be expected in late 2015 - mid 2016. Even the desktop Broadwell CPUs are due in Q2 2015. Per Apple's usual strategy, the best we can expect as an upgrade is just the new Haswell CPUs (i7 4790, i5 4690, etc.). Same goes for the rMBPs. Broadwell mobile CPUs have been delayed to 2015 so no full refresh here either.

    As for the Mac Pros, Haswell-E CPUs are almost out with DDR4 memory support. That's worth waiting for. Though a 6-core Mac Pro with a 4k monitor is alluring...

    Raptor
     

Share This Page