Macbook Pro or Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silentscreams22, Jul 8, 2008.

1. silentscreams22 macrumors member

I am considering either to purchase a MBP or MBA and I was wondering which would be the best to get from what I see on the apple store site the MBP has more space. I will basically be using either to do graphic/web design it will most likely run the Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection.

Also I am considering getting a refurbished one from the apple store are those just as reliable as if you bought it brand new out of the box... or do they come iwth a slue of problems?

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Well if your going to be running pro apps, MBP all the way. The MBA is not designed for heavy stuff I would say at all.

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Refurbs usually have a lower failure rate than brand new, since all refurbs are fully hardware tested.

And definitely the MacBook Pro is the clear choice.

4. Eric. macrumors regular

That all depends. Do you want your work to take twice the time, the computer to experience a core shutdown, slowing your work even more, and possibly shutting off due to the heat...or get a Macbook Pro and not have those problems.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The other way to think of it is refurbs are those that have been broken already!

6. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I'm actually looking at these two now as well but I'm mainly going to be using it for the web, chatting, skype video chatting, and office/iTunes. So I can justify getting the air, but for those Adobe pro apps and stuff I'd get the pro so you've got a bit more power and you can up it to 4GB of RAM in the future as well!

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

silentscreams22 - definitely macbook pro

kingcrowing - macbook air will suffice

8. amusiccale macrumors 6502

For those Adobe apps, you will absolutely need the Pro. From my understanding, the Air is more in the most-fashionable web appliance genre of computer than it is a workstation.