macbook pro or macbook

DEE9299

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Boston Mass.
I have an older black macbook and I was 2.2, 2gb and 160hd but I need another laptop cus my daughter has taken this one over..... what is added benefit of a macbook pro verse a macbook both new models besides screen sizes.....I will be using the new one for internet stuff and school stuff...maybe some film editing in the future.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Then it's really up to you. Bear in mind that the MacBook has the same specs as the base MacBook Pro but with a larger hard drive and lower price.

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
The main difference in price between the MB and base MBP is the aluminum case, backlit keyboard, SD card slot, aaaannnnnd firewire. Oh, and the HD is bigger on the MB as Blue said.

If you were happy with your MB before, then the new one is a bit better, and will save you that extra couple hundred from the MBP (provided you don't use FireWire). If you know anyone who goes to school, check out your local state college bookstore. We have some of the previous MB's for $850, and if we get more it could drop to $799.

If you don't know anyone, I'm sure you could go on campus and pay some kid $10 to flash his ID card at the counter. :p

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Side note: With no FireWire on the MacBook, it's a pain in the ass to recover data from a crashed computer. Trust me, we deal with that all the time on here. 'Course, if you keep an up-to-date backup (which you should anyway), you won't need to worry about it.

lilskaterpunk

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
Thanks for the above information.
Im looking into buying my first mac and looking into the MacBook Pro 13.3'' model. The aluminum body I like better then MacBook and I like how it has 4GB DDR2 ram, 250GB HDD, SD card, keyboard light.
Price is a difference but I think its worth it instead of upgrading parts individually after wards if possible...