Macbook Pro or the New Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by syedhussain, Nov 12, 2010.

1. syedhussain macrumors member

So here is the deal.
    I'm in the market for a new laptop. I am either looking for the latest Mac book Air or the most recent Mac book pro. I just want something that is reliable and efficient and quick.

When is the next updated pro expected?
    Should i wait for the pro?

or should i buy the new air now?

which is better overall
    thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As with every of these threads: What are your computational needs?

And an update to the MBP line is expected to happen in Q1/2011.

Both families (MBA and MBP, five display sizes, ten or so CPUs, and some other differences) are quite good value for the money, thus it comes down to you computational needs.

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

3. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

i always go for the smallest size/ cheapest one. i have a 1 terabite external hdd so i dont care about how much memory is available to me on the mac. i just want a nice fast working laptop that boots up quick.

what changes are expected to be made with the new mbp?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Newer CPUs (Sandy Bridge micro architecture) and possibly newer GPUs. Other than that, it is just a guessing game.

Btw, there is a difference between Memory and Hard Drive Disk Capacity.

And as you didn't mentioned, what exactly you want to do with your Mac, I suppose the MBA will fit you just fine, as it is the "cheapest" and "smallest". If those are your criteria, then the MBP is out of view I guess. Maybe the MB, but it is not light, except in colour.

5. miata macrumors 6502

This should be pretty easy for you. The smallest and cheapest one available is the MacBook Air 11" for $999.