Macbook Pro order question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tom2893, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

I ordered my mac from the educational Apple.com/uk website. When I check order tracking it says I also have a £70 University giftcard with it (thrown in) as the total comes to £939

But on my email confirmation there is no giftcard (this is not my dispatch email)

So... Anyone know if I'll get the giftcard or not? Are Apple doing this deal at the moment?

Thanks

2. danetello macrumors 6502

Hey Tom,
    Yes they are definitely doing the gift card deal at the moment. So long as you have ordered from your university's Apple store page you should get the gift card. However I don't think it is valid for school or college students, just university.

----------

By the way when they add the gift card, the total price would increase but then they would give you a -£70 discount at the checkout

3. Tom2893 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tom2893

Thanks for the info, I probably won't get it in that case then. I ordered through the college site and got the Mac for £939 which probably means the Uni giftcard has been used to make it £939.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The Back to School promotion means you get a gift card in addition to the discount.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

5. Tom2893 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tom2893