Macbook Pro - OSX deleted and reformatted during bootcamp..Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alex87, May 16, 2009.

1. alex87 macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I wonder if any of you can help, i bought a beautiful mac last week but sadly due to work programs i had to contaminate it with windows.
    I ran the boot camp utility and all was going well with the windows install until it restarted when it appears that windows re-formatted the Mac osx partition (i understand this is more than likely something to do with me being fairly useless with computer so many apologies there!)
    Sooo... I decided to revert back to the osx install discs, run disc utility and reformat so that i can re-install osx. In disc utility it wouldn't allow me to erase anything- it was all greyed out when i selected the physical disc ("Macintosh HD" was no where to be seen) and when i tried to install osx it wouldn't see the HDD - i think this is probably down to it being in a pc format.
    The disc spins up and does show in disc utility so the disc itself is fine but the mac wont deal with it!

Any ideas how i can completely re format this drive and get my mac back!?

All the best,

Alex

2. DivineEvil macrumors regular

Go to Disk Utility and on the windows partition click the "Erase". Then format the partition as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)...

If you want to have more partitions go to Disk Utility, click the physical drive and click the "Partitions" tab (it's between teh Erase and RAID tabs). Set the numbers of partitions modify the sizes of them and the partition format and click apply! WARNING this will erase everything you have on the disk! It's wise to back any valuable data.