Macbook Pro - overheating?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JayS90, Jul 2, 2011.

1. JayS90 macrumors member

Hi there,

I was recently away from my MBP for about a week. I left it on sleep and when I came back the battery was at 5%. But ever since I've started using it again as normal my CPU temperature is at 58°c with the fan speed set to 2500rpm (according to smcFanControl and iStatPro), which seems too hot considering the performance of my Mac beforehand.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening, or how I can find out why?

Thanks!

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

It's not overheating unless your computer locks and dies. It's not even like your computer is over 100 degrees and the fans are running at 6000rpm and cannot cool it down.

Temperatures do usually run a tad bit hotter when battery is being charged. Of course, ambient temperatures, what you're currently doing on the laptop as well as a number of other reasons can also affect the temperature of the computer.

Since your computer IS running within normal parameters, I would not worry about it AT ALL.

/end thread

4. JayS90 thread starter macrumors member

So my MBP is overheating because of an internal hardware problem, and not a software related one? I have a 3-year warranty, and I have absolutely no intention of taking apart my laptop myself - d'ya reckon Apple will fix this in-store?

I know it's nothing major, but something has changed to cause this so I'd like to find out what, is all :)

5. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Apple DOES NOT DO thermal paste jobs. If you want to do what that person did, then you have to do it yourself. Sorry!