Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbrain2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Today I received a call from TNT to arrange a pickup for my MacBook Pro for a replacement. I have been told that I should pack for laptop into a secure packing and write down a number (given to me by TNT) outside this packing.

I have never had replacement experience before.

1. Can somebody guide me what does secure packing mean?

2. Can I pack MacBook Pro in its original packing (it was purchased from a apple store) and write down the number outside?

3. For replacement should i need to send laptop + charger or laptop alone?

Your feedback will help me a lot

Apple 26.2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
What up, 212?!
Today I received a call from TNT to arrange a pickup for my MacBook Pro for a replacement. I have been told that I should pack for laptop into a secure packing and write down a number (given to me by TNT) outside this packing.

I have never had replacement experience before.

1. Can somebody guide me what does secure packing mean?

2. Can I pack MacBook Pro in its original packing (it was purchased from a apple store) and write down the number outside?

3. For replacement should i need to send laptop + charger or laptop alone?

Your feedback will help me a lot

By secure, I would interpret in two ways: Pack it to minimize possible damage during shipping and to ship with tracking. I would pack the Apple box inside of another box and write down the RMA number on the outside of that box. As for the charger, they should have told you to return everything, but I'd hold on to it just in case... you can always return it later (albeit at another shipping cost)... it's up to you.

Good luck!

macbrain2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
By secure, I would interpret in two ways: Pack it to minimize possible damage during shipping and to ship with tracking. I would pack the Apple box inside of another box and write down the RMA number on the outside of that box. As for the charger, they should have told you to return everything, but I'd hold on to it just in case... you can always return it later (albeit at another shipping cost)... it's up to you.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.

As TNT has received the collection order from Apple. I guess apple will be paying all the shipment cost.

I have the original packing of the MacBook Pro (white printed box), I will put my MacBook pro into it and will use another box as you have suggested. Yes you are right to be on a safe side, it is best not to send charger at this stage and I can always send it later if required.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
I was specifically told I must include my charger when I got mine replaced. I would call and ask for sure to alleviate any confusion and save time and efforts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.