Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tallman3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
I have a MacBook Pro with Lion and have installed Parallels 7 and Windows 7. So far I have not had any major problems, however when I put a DVD disc in to burn it in the MAC system, I have found I have to close Windows down as the default is to open the drive in Windows.

I know its a minor problem, but how has the software decided on the default?

When I plug in a flash drive, it asks me if a want it to open in MAC or Windows...lol

Tall

Tallman3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Hi arjen92

I have opened that in Parrallels, but nothing there related to the DVD drive to change. Wheen I looked at the MAC preferences it stated "ask what to do" but it does not say where it asks the question...lol. It asks it in Windows.

Thanks anyway.

Tallman3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Hi windowstomac, I dont think you have to suspend the VM, I found that if i log out of windows and then put the disc in it will be seen by the MAC as Windows is not available.

Tall

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Ok, you're right about the fact that it doesn't ask what to do. But if you go "Virtual Machine" (in the menu bar), "Configure", then choose the tab (at the top) "hardware".

There go the "CD/DVD 1". Over here there is a box checked which says "connected". Uncheck it. I believe this will make DVD's and CD's not open in windows but on your mac.

Not sure if this is the solution to your problem, but hopefully it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.