Macbook Pro Penryns. Do you have any dead pixels?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by james.b, Mar 24, 2008.

1. james.b macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Quick question. I am due to receive a 2.5 17 inch Hi-Res glossy sometime next week and wondered if any of you have any dead pixels on your screens.

Also, what is Apple's take on dead pixels? How many do you need to have before they will replace the machine.

Cheers in advance,

James

2. pionata macrumors 6502

I didnt see any on my new 15". Quite flawless.

3. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Yes, a cluster of 4 to 6 dead pixels. Fortunately, because the pixel sizes are so small, and the position, they aren't very noticable.

I took it into Apple Store and they said, within 14 days I could have it replaced, no questions asked - like all other products. If outside, they wouldn't do anything about it, its not seen as severe enough.

I didn't ask for a replacement because other than this, the machine is perfect. Not worth the risk of getting a machine full of defects.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I have one tiny blue stuck pixel to the far left side and doesnt bother me, I've had other laptops with stuck pixels in the center but even then a couple weeks later didnt care anymore. The screen is still gorgeous and I cant even really see it just dont pay attention to it (I know its hard for some people, lol).

5. operator207 macrumors 6502

1 week old 15" 2.5 penryn, no dead anything here. :cool:

6. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

1 week old penryn here since I had it exchanged. No yellowing and no deal/stuck pixels. My previous one didn't have any either.

7. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

No dead pixels here.

Thank goodness. I'm the type of person who would see it and just never be able to stop looking at it. Just like that one small peck on your windshield.

8. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

No dead pixels here either. The screen is perfect.

9. mahger macrumors member

I have a single dead pixel, not noticeable unless I specifically look for it though.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Did a color test and it didn't show any dead pixels.

11. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

None here!:D Also my screen does not have any yellow issues.:D

12. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Hehe, I noticed this as well!! new macbook pro 17" hi res models especially the 9C7A are absolutely perfect!! NO yellowing whatsoever all even backlighting and looks sooo damn vivid in colors and cleaaan it just boggles the mind! I want to play wow again just to be able to see it on this screen, lol. :D

I decided to keep my mac pro since I want to be able to use the 17" as a sole portable just to be able to use the screen itself :D

Plus the speed of the mac pro as well!!

13. Nate4747 macrumors regular

I had a cluster of 3 right in the center of the screen on a new Penryn MBP 15", but I returned it to the Apple Retail Store I got it from and they replaced it no questions asked.

14. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Although this wasnt a mac I had a gateway monitor with a hot pixel that I just rubbed with my finger several times and it disappeared.

15. katejones macrumors regular

katejones

My MBP has 0 dead pixels. My ipod touch wasn't so lucky though it has a cluster.

16. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox