Macbook Pro ( People R Dumb edition)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by globel420, Feb 28, 2008.

1. globel420 macrumors newbie

Every one is talking about how small the update is on the new macbook pro and evean that it is slower tn the old one, with its processor. Did any one notice the grafixs chip upgrade or am I silly.... It now has a 516 8600 GT instead of the 256... this is a big ugrade for gamers witch is looked over by all these loser bloger sites. WHAT TYPE OF TECH BLOG MISSES THE LARGEST PERFORMANCE INCRESE IN THE LAP TOP. Game benchmarks went up 30%. Al the blog sites talk about is cpu and memory ecuase there all to old to actualy use the lap tops for what there intended for. HIGH DEMAND APPLICATIONS AND GAMES NOT WEB BRWSING YOU FAT LOSERS... if you only look at the processor and ram go buy an AIR YOU AIR HEADS.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Could it be that the people aren't gamers and therefore the GPU is secondary?

3. globel420 thread starter macrumors newbie

then i guess a macbook pro isent for you. all i am saying is if they put the laptops side by side and try to compare them from a price and technical standpint HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU OVER LOOK THE VIDEO MEMORY. Also benchmarking soly on cpu performance is sad. when i run ench marks on my 2008 vs my mid 2007 in windows xp thers a larger diffrence then any of the site online report. also one thing on the side THE FREKIN DISPLY

have you seen the new 15" led backlit its the ae technologyy thats in the airs display. it hands down has the best 15" display for any notebook on the market.

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

the LED diplay in the 15" isnt NEW

its been there since JUNE (santa Rosa update)

the 17" is the one that JUST got it

5. ironMonkey macrumors member

You are right that they doubled the memory... but they still kept an older video card in there. Thinkpads now come with a nvida quadro fx 570m in them. I can see where this would be really good upgrade for some folks. If you have to do heavy video editing on a laptop, you should definitely go for it. I would have preferred they offered the T9300 chip with a 256 mb video card.