Macbook Pro: Performance Update or Revamp in 2008?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Josheua, Nov 23, 2007.

?

What do you expect for the Macbook Pro in 2008?

1. Minor Update: (Movement to Penryn, Possible Graphics Card Boost)

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Revampe: (Movement to Penryn with Major Graphics Card Change and Total Case Redesign)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No Update: (Apple Added New Options in 2007, Nothing is Comming in 2008 until Summer)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Josheua macrumors regular

I wanted to take a poll of what people think 2008 macworld will bring for the macbook pro series of notebooks. I know this has been talked about but lets get some hard figures on this.

-Josh :apple:

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I'm hoping for this "ultraportable" the internets can't shut up about. Otherwise, nothing special until summer.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i would vote minor update (penryn) in january 2008.

mayor update in october 2008 with quadcore possible.

in summer 2008 12"MBP.

4. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I'm guessing revamp: Penryn, minor graphics card change (maybe), and a case revamp. For the case, I'm not expecting it to look all that different externally, but I would expect it to be completely aluminum, like the ipod classics, with the new style keyboard, magnetic latch, user accessible hard drive, and probably a black rim around the screen, like on the new imacs.

I'm expecting an ultraportable MBP as part of the case revamp, if only because Apple doesn't have anything else new and exciting to get people excited about. I'm hoping it's a tablet, with multitouch, but I don't expect that.