Macbook Pro Performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacFanUK, Sep 3, 2009.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I am buying a Macbook Pro at the end of this month, but I can't decide which one to buy. I'm tempted to go for the 15" base model because of the screen, but wondering if I would be better off buying the 13" and using the extra cash for an external screen and an iPod touch or something. (I can't take advantage of the back to school offer unfortunately due to the bad timing of my student loan payments).

Is there much real world difference between the 2.26GHz and the 2.53GHz models of the 13" MBP? I've looked at the geekbench scores and for the 12% increase in CPU speed, there's a 9.5% performance increase (but I'm guessing this takes into account the extra Ram, etc, too). However, there's a £250 price difference which seems alot for such a small increase (although, I would save £50 on ram).

Any thoughts?

2. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Get the 13inch and use the extra money to buy a decent external monitor. Honestly as a college student I wish I had done that. When you're at school, you will really notice the larger size and weight of the 15, but likely wont be doing anything to take advantage of the screen real estate. When you're at home it's best to be connected to an external monitor anyway.