macbook pro peryn and heat

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Mar 1, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

hey guys,

I was wondering if heating is less with peryn 45mn processors. Also, do you use your laptop on your lap? I mean, i would like to use my macbook pro in bed when im off work to chat with my friends and stuff..is it possible or it's too hot??

Thanks.

2. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

3. hojoon0724 macrumors regular

not hot at all
    i'm using it right now on my bed

4. gregk205 macrumors member

I am glad to hear that they are cooler.. I just bought one of these to replace my 2.16 Blackbook which gets so hot on my legs when I am just surfing the web. I also bought a Macbook air. But I am stuck in Bulgaria until March 9th.. I just want to go home and play with my new computers. It kills me to know they are sitting at home in their boxes... ;)

5. Pees330 macrumors 6502

Same as everyone else. It's not hot at all to me with it sitting on my lap right now. Though I'm not doing anything that intensive right now.

6. blockage macrumors newbie

I've just switched from a ThinkPad and I'm totally surprised at how hot the MacBook Pro runs. I'm currently sitting on the sofa setting up my Time Capsule and the heat is only just bearable. The casing between the function keys and the lid hinge is too hot to touch for more than a couple of seconds.

What does impress me is the noise level - this machine is basically silent. There is a very slight noise from the hd but I actually have to hold the machine up next to my ear to hear it.

7. RSC10 macrumors member

RSC10

I've got a ThinkPad for work (standard issue) and the exact same MacBook Pro as your specs indicate....and I've never experienced the heat you are mentioning. For the record, I use Time Machine and do a lot of photo editing....

8. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I have one of the new Penryn MBPs. It's noticably cooler than my previous 2.16 ghz MBP from the fall of 2006.

9. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

My MBP remains cool but heats up fast when I'm editing a huge file or playing 3d games. The highest that I ever saw it reach was 73C(CPU) and 79C(GPU). My fans started to kick in at 5900 rpm.