MacBook pro plus iPad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nigameash, Feb 6, 2012.

1. nigameash macrumors 6502

I have a 15" MacBook pro that I use for taking notes in class and recording my lectures. I was thinking about getting a MacBook air or an iPad as my Mac is a pain to carry to class. Opinions? I need something to use on campus for notes hand need something that will enhance my productivity.

2. rovitotv macrumors member

The setup I have is a 15" Macbook Pro and iPad2

I find the setup of a 15" Macbook Pro and iPad2 perfect!!! For a while I had a Mac Book Air but I found I didn't use the Air that much and syncing the files was a pain. As a warning I am not in school anymore but I do technical work and need a computer with some CPU crunch which the MBA lacks. Sometimes I am just reading technical papers, taking notes that requires something lighter which is where the iPad2 kicks in. At this point I think I have the perfect setup. I hope this helps.

3. nigameash thread starter macrumors 6502

How about for taking notes? Will the iPad satisfy my needs?

4. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I have a 15" MBP and an iPad. I use the iPad for my note taking needs using Note Taker HD. I love it. You can type, use a stylus for hand written notes, or annotate PDFs. I use it the most as scratch paper for math problems instead of using tons of paper.