MacBook Pro port issues.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AsianNinja91, Jan 4, 2012.

1. AsianNinja91 macrumors newbie

The two USB and audio ports on the left side of my late 2007 MacBook Pro has stopped functioning. The sound also doesn't work. When I adjusting the volume it shows a circle with a slash though it. There is no red light coming from the audio port. Anyone have a solution? :confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried restarting? That is a basic first step in troubleshooting. Also, check System Preferences > Sound > Output to see what's selected.

3. simsaladimbamba

And if the restart didn't fix it, check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed as Output Device.

[​IMG]

4. AsianNinja91, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

AsianNinja91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. There is no sound output listed anymore. I also tried re-installing the OS but that didn't work either. :(

5. simsaladimbamba

What didn't work with a reinstall? What Mac OS X version do you use? Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion?

6. AsianNinja91 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking the audio output would be listed again if I did a clean install. It came with Tiger so I re-installed that first followed by Snow Leopard.

7. simsaladimbamba

So you now have a CLEAN INSTALL of Tiger, which you UPGRADED with Snow Leopard? Btw, it is not necessary to first install Tiger in order to install Snow Leopard.

And have you checked System Profiler > Hardware > Audio yet and seen, what is listed there?

8. AsianNinja91 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Might need to take it into Apple and see what they say, as it sounds (no pun intended) like it could be a hardware issue if you did a clean install.