MacBook Pro power brick replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kuebby, Dec 15, 2007.

1. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I just had a quick question that I was hoping forum members would be able to help me with.

I have a Core Duo MBP with the old style power brick. The brick gets really hot and a couple times I've had the problem where the LED on the end doesn't show the right charge status.

If I take this in to the Apple Store will they replace it for me?

Do I need to make an appointment with the Genius Bar or will I just be able to walk up and get help with this non-technical problem? FYI, I'd be going to either the SoHo or 14th St store and they will obviously be crowded.

2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

I had a similar issue, but with mine it also failed to charge on occasion. I called AppleCare and told them all three symptoms (heat, LED, and failure to charge) and they dispatched me a new one. However, the replacement was the larger old style, not the new smaller version.

I tried to go to an Apple Store, but when I had these issues MBP AC Adapters were impossible to find (they had stopped selling the larger ones, and the smaller version hadn't yet arrived).

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

yes, take it to the apple store. an improperly charging adapter will damage your battery as well, as it did mine. I got a new battery and the revised, smaller adapter at around the same time. I practically have a new computer! :p