Macbook Pro Power Management problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Viuo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Viuo macrumors newbie

Hi, Recently I dropped my late 2008 macbook pro (15). The case was almost completely destroyed. The display was ok though. Since repairing it at official partner service (Im from Poland we don't have Apple Stores in here) wasn't an option ( they asked half the price of the laptop when I bought it ), I found a guy who resells cases with some cosmetic defects. I asked him if he could repair it for me and gave him my laptop. I got the computer back and besides brief problems with wifi not working ( couldn't find the hardware, after leaving it uncharged for the night it's suprisingly working again ) everything was seemingly fine. The problem is that since I got the computer back It doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid ( I checked the preferences - everything is ok and I don't use any external display ). Also when I turn it off, it restarts as soon as it shuts down. Did any of you had any problems lke this ? Any Apple hardware wizzards in here :) ? I tried resetting SMC and PRAM several times, also i moved the PowerManagement plist from it's original place and restarted the computer, didn't help either. Reinstalling mac os didn't help either. Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not really sure what you want us to tell you. Seems like a minor inconvenience considering you dropped your computer to the point where you needed to have it repaired. It could be anything.