macbook pro price drop???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Thrawn, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Thrawn macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I was about to make the jump and buy a MB a few weeks ago, but then I decided against it because I thought of something. Does anyone think it's possible that when the MBP's are updated at Macworld (if they are) that the prices for the current MBP's will drop? Or at least the refurb versions? The MBP 15inch 2.2Ghs refurb price is about $1700, is there any chance of this dropping to around $1500 or somewhere around that? Sorry if this is a dumb question or something, but I really like the MBP style and I prefer it over the style of the MB.

Thanks

-Thrawn

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There's a chance but I was hoping for the same with the older Core 2 Duo w/X1600 midrange model. It never happened for that one.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Prices generally don't drop...Components get better, but the prices stay the same.

4. macjay macrumors 6502

When new MBP's are announced the prior models will be sold at a discount by certain retailers for less than the current refurb price.

5. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

yeah...the prices of older models to drop...especially with the non-apple retailers...(although some dont, and still sell older models at the same price, which i think is pretty unfair on a prospective apple buyer who doesn't know their processor details as well as some) for example at my local computer shop (PC World, UK) I saw the older imac for around £250-£300 cheaper than original in the clearance section.

6. macjay macrumors 6502

Do you mean refurb or new? It certainly happened with new ones (at certain retailers).

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Refurbished 2.33 GHz models stayed at $1,799 on Apple's Refurb Site.