MacBook Pro - Price Drops or Spec Upgrades

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Messineo, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Messineo macrumors newbie

I'm looking to get a new MacBook Pro. I'm not in a rush; I've just been sort of waiting for a small price drop or a small spec increase, but there hasn't been a change in months.

How often does Apple typically do a small price adjustment or spec increase?

Am I going to be waiting another year for this? :)

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I believe the last refresh was in october. We "could" see minor spec bumps after WWDC, nothing impressive though. If there is a price drop they would announce it then. Apple sometimes has a mid-cycle update, but its nothing to brag about. They probably would announce any real hardware changes or a price drop likely in the fall of this year.

3. rosiel122 macrumors newbie

There may be a spec bump within the next few months. Apple tends to do quiet upgrades for those. Just watch the store and forums/blogs. The best bet is to wait until the Fall. Typically there is an early and late year model. The Late 2014 should be a decent upgrade... Although not necessarily to the Broadwell chip. If you are playing the waiting game you can get decent deals on Black Friday. Last year they came with an AppleTV.

4. Messineo thread starter macrumors newbie