Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KidVicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Since the word is that Apple will introduce new MBPs at the WWDC, I've been convinced to wait to buy one until after the conference.

But does anyone know whether or not there is an expected price increase to go along with a new revision? Cause the MBP I was about to buy was right within what I wanted to pay for one, and I don't know If I'm willing to pay any more.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Historically, there haven't been price increases when a product revision occurs - often there is better performance for the same or lower price.

Unless, of course, it is a completely new product (larger screen) vs. just a "minor" upgrade (processor bump).

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
It would be unusual for there to be a price increase. Apples normal strategy is to sell a product for a given price until they bump the spec (i.e. no price drops over time). The new spec tends to be at the same price point as the old one.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Like emw said, prices rarely increase. The only time I really saw a price increase, besides with the Intel transition, is when the Power Mac Quad was released.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
I doubt we will see the announcement of new MacBook Pro's. I do however anticipate the announcement of the Intel based PowerMac replacement ... the Mac Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.