MacBook Pro prices on Amazon UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheWelshBoyo, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

Hi guys,
    I guess this is a heads-up and a WTF!?
    On Amazon UK, people seem to be selling brand new MacBook Pro's for insanely low prices.
    Here's one example:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002COJD1O/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    I mean, HOLY FREAKING CRAP! A MacBook Pro 13" selling for £501!? How on earth can they be doing that?
    Another example from a DIFFERENT seller:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002COJD1Y/ref=sr_1_olp_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257806701&sr=1-2
    For just £28 more, you can get the next model up!
    What on earth is going on here? Was there a mass Apple truck smash up and all these sellers somehow got hold of these MacBook Pro's?!
    I really wish I could get one of these, especially since my parents owe me the majority of the money that'd be going into it, but they can't afford to pay me back just yet dammit. It'd be my first ever Mac and I've wanted one for 5 years now. The time I have the money (theoretically) and the time I can afford it, I can't get it because theoretically having money doesn't equate to actually having the money :( :mad: But, anyway.
    I thought in my pain, I could help some potential Mac buyers. Hope this helps guys. Honestly, I think this is worth getting. Even if the next gen comes out next week, at this price, I could (not can :( ) have it and be happy!

EDIT: There's an even CHEAPER higher model 13" now... Same link as before. It's only £10 more that the low end model! WTF!?

2. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

I guess it could be like you said some sort of liquidator thing but the saying "if it sounds to good to be true it probably is" rings loud here. Those prices don't make sense even for used uMBs.

I guess if you can get the seller to give you the serial number and confirm it with Apple it gives you a little more confidence that it is a new product. My fear would be if it arrived with some damage not covered under warranty and the seller scammed you.

Sorry I would love to tell you "great deal go for it" but you know how it is. I don't trust those market place sellers anymore than I do eBay.

3. TheWelshBoyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I wouldn't be able to buy it anyway, which is the annoying thing.
    But then also, you're buying through Amazon, so you are protected up to £2000 including delivery costs if it's damaged/used etc. when it's not supposed to be.
    Also, they're sellers with high(ish) feedback... The one seller of the MBP 13" higher model even I recognise the users name, he sells that much on Amazon.
    I've seen him before.
    I'm sure there must've been some lorry spill of MacBook Pro's somewhere in Britain :p