MacBook Pro problem connecting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by strausd, May 3, 2010.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

So here is the problem, I have a MacBook Pro that I use upstairs and a Mac Mini downstairs. I have gone through all the necessary network settings and made a user so I can connect as myself to the Mini from the MacBook Pro. I have the home folder being shared. For some reason when I connect as myself to the Mini, i can only view some folders on the home folder while the others come up as a folder icon with a red circle with a line in the middle of it:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

However, when I connect as the Mini to the Mac Mini, this is no longer a problem. I am fine with having to connect as "Mini" instead of my own user. The problem is that I do not want to have to continually sign in, I want it to remember me. I have set it to remember password in keychain, but before I also checked this when I signed in as my own user. How can I make it automatically connect as the Mini instead of myself?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could delete the password entry from Keychain Access and see if that works.

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Go to Applications / Utilities / Keychain Access or use Spotlight to open Keychain Access and look for the computer name of the Mac Mini, double click on it and see what user is stored there. There might be multiple entries, so check them all. And to delete just use the BACKSPACE key.

5. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030