MacBook Pro problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iunnohead, Feb 16, 2009.

1. iunnohead macrumors regular

Hello! I bough my MacBook Pro (Unibody, 15") in November of last year. Just today, it'll randomly start making a loud buzzing/whirring noise and won't stop until i force shut it down. if i turn it back on, it'll be fine until it'll randomly do it again. the computer still works as usual, but it makes this very odd and probably not good noise. Do you have any suggestions for a fix, or should i take it to Apple? Thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Take it to Apple, they'll be able to fix it, rather than guess at what the problem might be.

3. iunnohead thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I figured this'd be the best option, but figured I'd try to see if anyone else knew a fix.
    I'll back it up and now take it in tomorrow then!

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I had a hard drive problem with my MBP (v 2,2), not same as the unibody, and it did similar thing. Until finally quit completely. Was the HD, and Apple fixed it under Apple Care.

It made loud and ticking sounds and would freeze up for about ten days before shutoff completely. I would get only a question mark once it was completely ruined and wouldn't boot any longer. Anyways, seems like could be that. The only two things that make noise are the hard drive and fans.

Good luck.

5. iunnohead thread starter macrumors regular

I have this app: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23232

It says my HD is fine, so I'm thinking it is the fans (plus the noise and buzzing are coming from the middle left side and the HD is on the bottom right)