MacBook Pro problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deee420, Oct 27, 2009.

1. deee420 macrumors newbie

My Mac has recently been going to sleep for about 3 seconds while i'm using it and then it comes back on, why is this happening!! My Mac is only about a month old and it happened twice while I was writing this post,please help.

2. celticpride678

I see it as a logic board issue. However, before taking it to the Apple Store, I would try an Archive and Install to rule out the possibility of it being software.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

4. deee420 thread starter macrumors newbie

This might seem like an ignorant question, but what do you mean by archive..and how do I do this stuff

5. celticpride678

6. deee420 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. deee420 thread starter macrumors newbie

it's still happening...anyone that has had this problem before? and why does this occur to such an expensive laptop!

8. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

My guess is that it's software related. When I got my uMBP the headphone jack wouldn't work. Everyone said it was a logic board issue. And I probably could have taken it back to the Apple store and got a new one. But after reinstalling the OS the headphone jack worked just fine.

I would suggest trying a full fresh install before anything else.

9. chrisrottan macrumors member

10. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Mac's must have pretty crappy mother...er..."logic" boards to be always suspected. How often do you blame a motherboard in a PC? Next to never.

11. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

I had this problem on a Late 08 Unibody MBP and Apple had to replace my logic board. Reinstalling Leopard didn't help and neither did resetting SMC or PRAM. I'd send it in to Apple for repair and get it over with.

12. Tom R macrumors member

My thoughts exactly...particularily after reading about issues with the new
    27" iMac...heat and slow operating issues.

Where are all those that constantly bash MS and PCs? Not many posts from them.

My guess is an unbiased review would find each has there "issues".

Tom

13. rowsdower macrumors 6502

The reason it's always the logic board is because that's pretty much the only thing in there. I think you would pretty much always blame the motherboard in a PC laptop as well.

14. chrisrottan macrumors member

And the fact of the matter is that even though they're using the same components, one calls apple superior yet another pc-based computer with the same specs is called inferior.
    Do you know why apple costs alot?
    Well, PC's are made by dell, toshiba, hp, sony, etc and they all fight for the customer. Unlike apple, there isn't a monopoly on a single brand using the same components which mocks the definition of monopoly itself.
    As a result, prices will not change but on a pc, they will and they will be lower as well.
    Each OS has its pros and cons. But mainly, it all comes down to hardware. Because incompatibility causes OS's to crash.

15. Tom R macrumors member

Even as a Mac fan...I believe that the Intel change will eventually lead to price parity berween similar "spec" PCs and Macs. More and more customers will begin to see that the hardware is becoming more "generic" and the OSs will tend toward a common set of features and "feel"...which Win 7 sounds like the first step.

Differentiation and pricing premium will get more difficult for Mac as tend toward "commonality" continues. Intel choice was first step. Second major step will be WHEN (not if) virus world gets a bit more interested in Macs...don't think they will let Macs go "unnoticed" as they gain marketshare.

FWIW...Tom