Macbook Pro Problems, Ram related?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JasonR, Apr 14, 2009.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I have a 2.5 GHZ Macbook Pro purchased in July of 2008. So far, it's been the best PC I've owned. However, my Macbook Pro has been giving me the pinwheel of death on the most mundane of tasks, and every application is slow. I even had firefox crash on me 5 times when the only thing I was running was firefox. File transfers are even much slower than they used to be. The ONLY thing I've done was I installed 4 GB of Ram from Crucial (up from the standard 2 GB). My Macbook Pro sees the 4 GB of ram and is (obviously) running, albeit much slower.

I'm going to reinstall the factory Ram and see if things go back to normal. Aside from that, what could be causing the slowness? It's so slow I can't stand to use it.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Maybe you didn't seat it properly. Either that or the one or both of the chips are bad

3. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Ok, I reinstalled the factory Ram. Performance seems to have improved slightly, however my Macbook Pro is still slow and often displays the pinwheel of death. Where do I start tracking down the problems? I don't really want to bring it to the Apple store...

I work on this computer and haven't been able to get any work done in the past 2 days. I'm almost ready to throw this thing out of the window!