MacBook Pro PROBLEMS - this is my 3rd one!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wasimyaqoob, Dec 28, 2007.

1. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Ok basically, I'm having HUGE HUGE problems with MacBook Pro and Leopard.

This is my third one in 4 days.

The new problem is that when I run disk utility and try and "Verify Disk" to see if any problems are happening, the coloured spinning wheel just appears and crashes, so I try and Force Quit the program and nothing happen, just freezes my MBP completely.

I was reading loads of reviews about Disk Warrior 4 and I'm thinking about purchasing but will it actually fix all my problems?

Thanks!

2. notengolegs macrumors member

notengolegs

Are you experiencing any other problems? I mean, have you tried using all of the other functions?

3. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Time for a clean install. Use the archive option to save all of your stuff. It sounds like that may be your best bet.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

is it crashing or does the beach ball just keep spinning? you have to give it a lot of time to do its job.

5. lost eden macrumors 6502a

Serious question here: why are you still trying? If you were buying anything else, you would look elsewhere after being burnt 3 times.

6. theman macrumors 6502a

wow, at least it took only 4 days to get 3!!! I had to wait 2-3 weeks between my replacements for the yellow screen. this is my 3rd one.... if you can get them that quickly, consider yourself lucky. I ordered mine August 23, and finally received this one October 15th.....

I would suggest maybe reinstalling leopard using the install dvd.

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I'm guessing they live near a :apple: store...

8. wasimyaqoob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I do live near an Apple Store, they are very helpful!

I think I might give Disk Warrior 4 a try and see what happens!

9. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

OK maybe Im missing something but do you actually used any of those computers for anything else than verifying disk?? I mean no offense but maybe work on them first before you start running disk utilities.

10. wasimyaqoob thread starter macrumors 6502a

My MacBook Pro which i bought 5 days ago came with Tiger pre-installed and a Leopard disc in the box.

When I installed Leopard, I did "upgrade" and noticed all sorts of problems, however I went back and did a FRESH install by formatting the hdd and then starting again, all seems to be well but I've noticed iLife has gone missing :(