Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
Ok basically, I'm having HUGE HUGE problems with MacBook Pro and Leopard.

This is my third one in 4 days.

The new problem is that when I run disk utility and try and "Verify Disk" to see if any problems are happening, the coloured spinning wheel just appears and crashes, so I try and Force Quit the program and nothing happen, just freezes my MBP completely.

I was reading loads of reviews about Disk Warrior 4 and I'm thinking about purchasing but will it actually fix all my problems?

Thanks!

notengolegs

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
Are you experiencing any other problems? I mean, have you tried using all of the other functions?

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
Time for a clean install. Use the archive option to save all of your stuff. It sounds like that may be your best bet.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
is it crashing or does the beach ball just keep spinning? you have to give it a lot of time to do its job.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
wow, at least it took only 4 days to get 3!!! I had to wait 2-3 weeks between my replacements for the yellow screen. this is my 3rd one.... if you can get them that quickly, consider yourself lucky. I ordered mine August 23, and finally received this one October 15th.....

I would suggest maybe reinstalling leopard using the install dvd.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
wow, at least it took only 4 days to get 3!!! I had to wait 2-3 weeks between my replacements for the yellow screen. this is my 3rd one.... if you can get them that quickly, consider yourself lucky. I ordered mine August 23, and finally received this one October 15th.....

I'm guessing they live near a :apple: store...

Mydel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2006
Sometimes here mostly there
OK maybe Im missing something but do you actually used any of those computers for anything else than verifying disk?? I mean no offense but maybe work on them first before you start running disk utilities.

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
My MacBook Pro which i bought 5 days ago came with Tiger pre-installed and a Leopard disc in the box.

When I installed Leopard, I did "upgrade" and noticed all sorts of problems, however I went back and did a FRESH install by formatting the hdd and then starting again, all seems to be well but I've noticed iLife has gone missing :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.