Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook crow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
Hi, my macbook pro has an external metal apple keyboard attached to it also a mouse. If i knock the mouse or accidentally touch a key the apple wakes from sleep. However, if i then open the clam (lid) up the screen stays black (the light does its usual constant rather than flashing sleep etc). The only way to get the screen to actually display is to hold down the power button and manual restart that way. Has anyone else experianced this themselves or know of any issues with such a dilemma.

macbook crow:apple::apple::apple::confused:

steveca

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2005
Malta
Hi, my macbook pro has an external metal apple keyboard attached to it also a mouse. If i knock the mouse or accidentally touch a key the apple wakes from sleep. However, if i then open the clam (lid) up the screen stays black (the light does its usual constant rather than flashing sleep etc). The only way to get the screen to actually display is to hold down the power button and manual restart that way. Has anyone else experianced this themselves or know of any issues with such a dilemma.

macbook crow:apple::apple::apple::confused:

sure your mbp isnt connected to an external display. once you get a keyboard and a mouse attached to it you can use a mbp with the screen shut, that is one of the features...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.