Macbook pro problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobable, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Bobable macrumors newbie

I have 2 problems with my macbook pro, i have been using my macbook for 3 years now from my room using wifi, however it has recently stopped working if my dad uses his computer, It never used to do this, does anyone have any idea why it has started because its really irritating :mad:

Also my macbook screen will go all fuzzy with vertical lines running down it and even turn black sometimes, Pushing down on the screen or on the top left of they keyboard makes it go back to normal, anyone else have this problem

If anyone has a solution to either of these two problems it will be kindley appreciated:)

2. Holmes88 macrumors newbie

Holmes88

Have you tried doing an SME reset? As for the lines... it might be the graphic card going out? What year is it?

3. Bobable thread starter macrumors newbie

do you mean an SMC reset and i have a mid 2010 macbook pro

4. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

For the wifi issues, it sounds like you may have a network addressing issue. I had this happen to me once before and tracked it down to my router assigning two machines the same network address. That shouldn't normally ever happen, but in my case it was due to a conflict between the cable modem which was acting as a router and my Airport setup. I ended up having to manually assign addresses to all the devices.

You may want to check that your modem isn't trying to also act as the router over your network.

___