Macbook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fivetoadsloth, Apr 14, 2007.

1. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

A friend has a 17" macbook pro that wont boot, he as nstalling 10.4.9 and didnt realie e didnt have enough batter power to finsh and it shut off halfway through. He turn it on plugged it in and it finshed, restarted and wont boot. It gets a please turn of your compuer and restart message. I had a botoable backup of my macbook handy so booted of that, and copied he important files over. I looked in his harddrive and am seeing a mach_kernel in finder, which wasnt tere before. He is leaving on Wednesda so unless apple can do samme day service taking it in is really impossible. If preffered It would be nice to be fied tonight, I do not have the macbook pros install disks here I d however have my macbooks.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Um either its really late or i'm on crack because i don't understand what your exactly saying here...:rolleyes:

3. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Really sorry, Im really hurrying, basically I think it downloaded about half of system 10.4.9 restarted and now wont boot, tells me to hold the power button

4. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

More info:

I booted into single user mde, and a file systecm check was not done, I than tried to boot in taget disk, and I got the please hold the powerbutton message however It did boot into safe mode, so I assumed something is up with the user account. I did a side by side comarison of the two user accounts and realized that his harddrive has no homefolder, or at least nothing with that house icon. I have most everything he needs however he does not have his system restore disks in the US. If I cant get this fixed tomorrow morning we will go to the apple store, And hope that they can have it done by wednesday morning as he wil lbe leaving, and needs the laptop.

apologize for any typos, I am really rushed and tired. If anyone has any ideas, or suggustions, or could tell m if we left his mbp at woodfield the odds theyd have this fixed (So im guessing merely reinstall the operating system) by hopefully tuesay.

Thanks alot.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

so you decided to ignore that little message about "plug your ac adapter in"?

i would say just go to the genius bar, i know that when i had my computer worked on it fry's and they put panther on it, i just went to the apple store and they just transferred the files over firewire...otherwise you have to get it mailed via apple, but why doesn't your friend have the disk w/ his computer?

6. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Well we thought the adapter was in, and left. A dog must have turn it out hen he got up. He lives in Italy, here he keeps the disks, and didnt bring them with. thanks for the advice, well go to the apple store tomorrow.