Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Hello. I bought a macbook pro in september and was pleased with the style and performance of the laptop. Since then various thing have gone wrong;

My remote no longer works

The power adaptor sometimes does not charge

The screen is bent and metal over cd drive

and laptop freezes and crashes quite freqently

i am looking to take it back to apple and demand a replacement i was wondering if i wait till febuary will i get one of the newer ones that these forums seem to be full of speculation about and do these problems happen often, if so i will think twice before buyign an apple laptop again.

Hope you can help Jdaco6

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Also just thought i would add Mac osx runs very very slowly!

Thanks Jdaco6

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
I really cant do without my laptop is there anyway they would just exchange it if i back up all my stuff etc?

Thanks Jdaco6

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
To me it sounds like you might meed to repair disk permissions or do a clean install, get a new adaptor and get a new battery for the remote and you should be good minus the bend.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Hello again thanks for all your relpys. I cant belive apple will not replace it with so many problems any other electronics company would go ahead and replace it when you take it back to the retail store, seems a bit stupid and a waste of time becuse i have to travle about 50 miles to my nearest retail store!

Has anybody else had the problems i have been facing with my macbook pro?

Thanks Jdaco6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.