MacBook Pro problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozfried2693, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ozfried2693 macrumors member

Hey, I'm having some problems with my Macbook pro
    I bought it around 2 years ago it was the first one that came out 15.4" 1GB RAM 100GB HD 2.0GHz
    There is only one slot of ram working because the other one broke so its impossible to get more RAM without paying apple $1300 to fix it. I am planning on getting a 24" iMac soon, but will still need my MacBook Pro.
    How long do you guys think my comp will last according the stats i gave you and the picture attached? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks a lot!!:apple::D

Attached Files:

2. ozfried2693 thread starter macrumors member

sorry one more thing...
    usually the "Free Memory" is under 100MB but sometimes it gets above 300MB and usually my laptop is very slow and some applications like iphoto and photo booth take over two minutes to open

3. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Begin by getting an external drive and transferring off Data you do not wish to loose in the event of a crash. Hard to tell how long the MBP will hold out. So many factors come into play (ie: wear & tear among many things)

4. ozfried2693 thread starter macrumors member

i just got a 160GB external HD for time machine.
    and my computer is pretty beat up but everything still functions (eg: some dents on the top, and the shell of the comp is beginning to come off)

5. Matiek macrumors member

The shell is dented and starting to come off? What happened what do you do with it?

6. chipchen macrumors 6502

There's one thing... Time Machine is gonna slow things down because it's almost always scanning and backing up, etc...

Also, make sure (since you're running Leopard), to keep very few things on the desktop. Quickview likes to have a preview ready of just about everything on the desktop, so if you have tons of files there... it will slow down the computer.

Then, since you're stuck with just 1GB or RAM, try to make sure you've only got two or three programs open at the same time.

7. ozfried2693 thread starter macrumors member

its just been used every single day for two years, taken on over 50 flights, and used in every possible situation. it has a bulge on the latch and the hinge is very weak . BUT the bulge is not only on the latch there are bulges on the other side above the magsafe and USB slots

8. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Gawd a machine actually put through all the rigors of life and travel, a well made machine, my Dell XPS 1210 made several trips to Iraq and Afghanistan. however I kept it in a pretty tough pelican case so not to much on the blemish, it did fall from about 4 feet though merely a flesh wound. I am glad to see your machine held up hope mine does!

cheers!

9. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Interesting destinations! :D