MacBook Pro Protection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MACAPALOOZA, Jan 21, 2011.

1. MACAPALOOZA macrumors member

I am very careful with my possessions, especially my very expensive MacBook Pro. But accidents to happen. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on very protective cases that will survive drops and spills (while it is closed). It is an added bonus if it is something that doesn't add very much bulk to the laptop. I am very mobile, so if anyone has any suggestions that have to do with mobility, that would be great. I have never bought a case for my laptop before, so I do not know what I need to get as far as brand or color. I have the 2010 MBP Aluminum. PM me if you have any questions. :apple:

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

3. MACAPALOOZA thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. That helped, there some cool ones that Speck make.

4. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I really love my Macally Leather Book Shell
    http://www.amazon.com/Macally-BOOKSHELL2-Leather-Protective-Aluminum/dp/B001R1X6OS

I also have the Twelve South leather top pad ...this was a tad pricey but wow is it nice...its like a nice warm surface to wrest your palms on . Really have noticed no temperature rise from either in iStat.
    http://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-Surface-Leather-MacBook/dp/B002LARC12

You will really like the protection both give. The book shell has a nice velvet inside to protect the surface it touches.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]