Macbook Pro Protective Hard Case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by groove-agent, Jul 13, 2007.

1. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I have a 17" MBP and want to take it with me to work. To be environmentally conscious I've decided to bike. I'd like to put my MBP in a hard shell case to protect it from flexing, humidity, and scratching. It has to fit around the laptop and be small enough to fit in a backpack. Does anyone know where I can find such a beast? Thanks.

2. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

3. Papajohn56 macrumors 6502

It won't protect it from humidity unless it's airtight.

4. Semo macrumors newbie

5. smartin684 macrumors newbie

6. groove-agent thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to everyone who replied. What I'm looking for is more of an enclosure of some sort, like the laptop sleeves you see everywhere, but made out of hard plastic or aluminum to protect the chasis. I've seen the Speck stuff, but that's if you want to keep the laptop in the enclosure. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere...

7. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I'd recommend the Brain Cell by Tom Bihn. http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0390 You can find several reviews of it through Google. It looks to be the single most protective case, if you use it right (only using the vertical one vertically, and the horizontal one horizontally).

8. randfee2 macrumors regular

randfee2

isaver shell

I have this and I like it very much. Far sturdier than the normal sleeves, very very well cushioned! Excellent to put in a backpack or carry around on its own!

iSaver Shell
    [​IMG]

Here is a video! go and advance to 2:30!

9. RichL macrumors 6502