Macbook Pro... PS3... College, Yikes .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dutchh, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Dutchh macrumors newbie

I been having issues connecting my PS3 to the internet via ethernet cable. I looked all over the internet and got several different answers, none with anything that can help me so i finally decided to make a post.

My school passwords protects the internet [everytime i open Safari.. i have to enter in my info/password etc etc ] . My mac connects wireless to the internet np... is it still possible for me to connect to PSN via Ethernet cable through my Macbook Pro? [ Mac OSX 10.6.4 ] if so how? if not, can i throw my PS3 at the wall?

Sorry, im not very tech savvy haha.

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

I can't test this bc my MacBook pro is currently getting a new logic board but what if you connect an Ethernet from the ps3 to mbp then in system preferences turn on internet sharing and then set it up in the network preference

3. Dutchh thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that, but when i test connection i cant even find the IP address.

4. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

You setup needs to look like this:

[​IMG]

To: Ethernet

You then need to go to the Network system preferences pane and make sure Ethernet is set to "Configure IPv4: Using DHCP".

You should be good to go after that.

Attached Files:

5. aCondor macrumors 6502

It is probably easier just to transfer to another university.

6. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

Or better yet, ask the IT department if PS3s are permitted on a campus network. My guess is "dream on."

May be easier to drop out of school altogether.

7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

My school has separate gaming network for PS3, 360, and WII :)

8. aCondor macrumors 6502

Huh? How does this work? You can see everyone from your school who is online via similar console? It is both very cool and a little creepy...

9. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Its not a LAN, they set up a wireless network only consoles can connect to. You have to register your MAC address to use it and it has many of the blocks taken off it versus the computer wireless