Macbook Pro Purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Smgkw, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. Smgkw macrumors member

    May 25, 2008
    Hello all,

    I've been wanting a macbook pro for several months now. When I heard about the WWDC, I thought I would wait in case a new MBP would be announced. Seeing as there is nothing new, I thought now is the right time to purchase. However, I am having second thoughts. I've never owned a mac, and I wouldn't want to buy one when a re-design is imminent (1 or 2 years is imminent). This would be my conversion mac :p, I would like the satisfaction of knowing that I will be using it without the release of a new one soon. Is it the right time? Or should I get a macbook and wait for the new MBP?


  2. scienide09 macrumors 65816


    May 5, 2007
    As will all of these threads:
    Buy now if you need it now. Wait if you can wait.
    Likely upgrades next month/by the end of the summer, but no new cases until next year.

    You can always sell your purchase when a new model arrives.
    You can save money buying refurbished or used.
  3. stiphone macrumors regular

    Mar 15, 2008
    well said. No one knows for sure. I bought my MBP and the revision came a month after. Still, i have no regrets. It's the best machine i had ever used. For electronic items, they get upgraded so fast that if you wait, you'll never be able to buy one.

    I was hoping for a new MBP mini or tablet too. Would have purchased it but, I guess i'll have to wait then.

Share This Page