Macbook Pro Query

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iSimx, Jan 29, 2009.

1. iSimx macrumors 6502

iSimx

Hello. Out of curiosity does anyone know when there's likely to be a hardware update to the current macbook pro's (15") not the 17". Purpose is so that I can work out when to buy one... Thanks! ;)

iSimx

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since they just released a new 15" a few months ago, it will probably be a while.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

4. jono_3 macrumors regular

5. iSimx thread starter macrumors 6502

iSimx

ok - reason being I'm currently working and will be able to afford one around july. Then, will it be worth waiting or buying one? and do you think snow leopard will be out around then?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's likely you won't see much difference in Snow Leopard vs Leopard. Most of the changes will be "under the hood" vs new user interface features. I'd buy now!

7. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

The biggest reason to wait for a new Mac is features, not speed or specs. Bumping those rarely gets you much performance boost. Since these are a brand new form factor I would highly doubt anything new will be added to them other than a slight cosmetic refinement (like when they hid the iSight light. If you need the machine now, get it.

8. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Why don't you come back and ask again when you have the money? 6 months is an eternity in computer land and things will be different than they are today.

9. iSimx thread starter macrumors 6502

iSimx