Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSimx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hello. Out of curiosity does anyone know when there's likely to be a hardware update to the current macbook pro's (15") not the 17". Purpose is so that I can work out when to buy one... Thanks! ;)

iSimx

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Since they just released a new 15" a few months ago, it will probably be a while.

iSimx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
ok - reason being I'm currently working and will be able to afford one around july. Then, will it be worth waiting or buying one? and do you think snow leopard will be out around then?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
ok - reason being I'm currently working and will be able to afford one around july. Then, will it be worth waiting or buying one? and do you think snow leopard will be out around then?
It's likely you won't see much difference in Snow Leopard vs Leopard. Most of the changes will be "under the hood" vs new user interface features. I'd buy now!

Mark2000

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007

The biggest reason to wait for a new Mac is features, not speed or specs. Bumping those rarely gets you much performance boost. Since these are a brand new form factor I would highly doubt anything new will be added to them other than a slight cosmetic refinement (like when they hid the iSight light. If you need the machine now, get it.

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006

Why don't you come back and ask again when you have the money? 6 months is an eternity in computer land and things will be different than they are today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.